2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
YAMAHA Pictures, review, specifications, Motorcycle Insurance information, accident lawyers.
Custom Style...- The Yamaha V-Star Custom comes with a very manageable seat height, light handling, a 650 V-Twin engine and chrome in all the right places. Looking to get started living the cruiser lifestyle, then hop aboard a 2014 Yamaha V-Star!
The V-Star 650 Custom features lots of chrome, luminous paint, a bobtail rear fender, and the convenience of a clean, quiet shaft drive. Don't be surprised if your friends think it's a one-of-a-kind custom machine.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom Review, Key Features
• The V Star Custom is the lightest of the full-size Stars, which means great handling and performance are along for the ride, too.
• Dual exhausts, custom-looking clear turn signals, lots of chrome—the V Star Custom represents tremendous cruiser bang for the buck.
• Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 3.4 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock, offering up a great ride.
• 27.4-inch seat height lets riders get both feet on the pavement.
• Estimated 49 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding before fill-ups.
Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom Features and Benefits
• Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
• This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
• Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensors (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
• Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds for a smooth comfortable ride.
• Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
• Maintenance-free, transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides sure starts and excellent engine performance.
• Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds that special styling touch but also is easy to service.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
• Low-maintenance, exposed shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance.
• 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling while delivering maximum engine power. The conversion to aftermarket items is simple and straightforward.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
• Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
• Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle, steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
• Long, 1,610mm (63.4") wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
• 41mm front fork with 140mm (5.5") of wheel travel ensures a smooth, comfortable ride. Chip guards help prevent stone knicks from damaging tubes.
• Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension lowers centre of gravity for excellent handling and easy maneuverability. Wheel travel is 86mm (3.4"). There are 7 steps of spring preload adjustability.
• Rear shock is tucked out of sight for that classic, "hardtail" look.
• Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
• Low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort, while class-leading low 695mm (27.4") seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
• Narrow front tire on spoked chrome wheel completes the Custom design and delivers light steering for easy handling.
• Large 16-litre fuel tank for an extra long cruising range.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features 3D speed graduations. Functions include odometer and tripmeter displays.
• Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• "Bullet-style", chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight adds a stylish touch while maximizing nighttime visibility.
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
• Locking helmet holder
• Locking side cover storage compartment adds convenience and security.
• Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish clear signal lenses
• Forward-mounted rider footpegs
• Removable passenger seat
• Steering lock
• Bungee cord tie-down points near passenger footpegs helps prevent unwanted scratches.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
• Large, 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for extra-long-distance cruising range.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer is designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
• Chrome, bullet-style 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice, stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
• Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting.
• Under seat helmet holder increases convenience for the rider.
• Locking compartment under side cover. Secure storage for small items.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
US MSRP Price: $6,990 (Liquid Silver) Available from August 2013
Type 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 81 x 63mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Fuel Delivery (2) 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Shaft
Frame Steel; hidden shock
Suspension / Front 41mm telescopic fork; 5.5" travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; adjustable preload, 3.4-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes / Rear 200mm drum
Tires / Front 100/90-19
Tires / Rear 170/80-15
Length 92.1 in
Width 34.6 in
Height 42.3 in
Seat Height 27.4 in
Wheelbase 63.4 in
Ground Clearance 5.5 in
Fuel Capacity 4.2 gal
Fuel Economy** 49 mpg
Wet Weight*** 514 lb / California model: 518 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
Canada MSRP Price: $6,999.00 CDN
Air-cooled,SOHC, 4-valves, 70°, V-twin
BORE AND STROKE
81 x 63mm
5.2kg-m (37.6 ft-lb)@ 3,000 rpm
Mikuni BDS28 x 2
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION*
21kpl / 59mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adustable link Monocross
Single 298mm disc / twin piston caliper
16 litres (3.5 imp. gallons)
233kg (514 lb)
Motorcycle Insurance Information
Check Out a Typical Allstate Motorcycle Insurance PolicyInsurance PolicyInsurance Policy
We'll show what coverages may be available and how to get the personalized protection you need.
Even if you've been riding for years, it's a good idea to take a close look at your motorcycle insurance coverage. Things change, and chances are you've got a lot to look out for.
Explore features available from Allstate
Our motorcycle insurance coverage is packed with ways to help turn a really bad day around.
Allstate offers great coverage for gas-friendly scooters
For people who have turned to scooters for gas savings -- or just because they're fun -- you'll be happy to know that Allstate offers coverage for those, too. No matter the engine size, gas or electric, Allstate provides scooter insurance for most street-legal vehicles, offering the same great protection and discounts as our motorcycle coverage.
To get your free quote, call 1-877-379-BIKE (1-877-379-2453) today.